I am one of Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict

Be more aware of life

Be more aware of life

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'm beat. Who knew that decorating for a baby shower would take FOREVER. It's a baby shower for pete's sake.
I had purchased 2 of what looked to be THE cutest ceiling decorations, with dangling ducks and butterflies.
Pulled from the package last night and strung between me and Alicia it LOOKED to be the cutest decoration ever made on this planet. We ooooo'd and aaaahhhhh'd and commented about how these 2 decorations would be the center of attention.
Only 1 made it up....barely.
After walking around the house 4 times, holding the damn thing up in the air, trying to find the perfect spot, we finally found it. At last!
We realized we needed a ladder because of her fantastic cathedral ceilings. We fetched one from my garage and propped it up in her living room.
Now people, I am the queen of fall. The last time I was hanging a decoration, I fell and gave myself a concusion. Oh...and only a week and 1/2 ago, I fell down my own stairs. Both times doing significant damage to myself.
So up the ladder I went. But we did this over, and over, and over, realizing that the damn thing was not truly designed to hang from the ceiling at all. There was no way it would ever look as cool as it did strung from 2 people holding it. So , after the 6th attempt, perilously balancing from my ladder, we thumbtacked the freakin thing to the ceiling. Alicia used a broom handle for the finishing touches, making all the wrinkles and folds, that were not supposed to be there, even.
The 2nd beautiful ceiling decoration looks fantastic on the kitchen counter.....in the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment