I am one of Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict

Be more aware of life

Be more aware of life

Thursday, May 20, 2010



NY City



































NY CITY
I walked until my white sneakers were black...solid black.
He was on a mission...find the right subway. I was on a mission...to buy at least one thing from someone selling stuff on the side of the road. Cool stuff. I almost became one of the official missing, name on a milk carton kind of missing, when a bracelet caught my eye and I slowed to only 25 mph instead of our 45 mph pace.
Slowing down to smell the roses doesn't exist in this city, it's a place someone would step over their mother to get a $10 cup of coffee.
But, you can do it.
You just have to step off the beaten path.
Semi-dark alleyways held incredible works of art. Store windows held mannequins doing strange things. Museums held disturbing paintings.
Buildings had gardens and trees growing on the roofs.
Everyday street poles were covered in beautiful mosaic tiles.
ChinaTown had the coolest storefronts.
I wandered into a temple while in Chinatown. Ate the best Coconut Curry i've ever tasted. Wandered through Central Park. Rode the subway with my husband, not having a clue what we were doing...but we made it from Brooklyn to the City alive, with wallets & limbs intact. We wandered the street at 10am and looked for a store that was actually open for coffee. We learned that the city doesn't wake until noon. I went into a store that sold nothing but long forgotten fur coats...hundreds of them...I just stood there, gawking.
I enjoyed my trip to NY City. I would go again when I want to walk 40 lbs off.





No comments:

Post a Comment