I am one of Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict

Be more aware of life

Be more aware of life

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Customer Service...what does it mean?

Customer Service means, well...customer service, right?
No...it does not

It means, jerk you around as much as possible until you get so frustrated that you wonder why you bothered in the first place.
That's if you actually get through to someone.

The automated phone lines have become so ridiculous that the
electronic voice pretty much tells you to "go suck it" all by itself.

Why is it, when people are tripping over themselves for a job, when I hand someone my money, they simply cannot say thank you?
I've stood in a grocery line for 24 minutes, more than once. After handing a clerk my cash, i've said "thank you", to which they stare at me wondering why I haven't moved yet. Who trains these people?

I like it when something gets botched, like my last furniture order.
  • I had ordered a living room set, a King Bed & a King mattress & boxspring.
  • I paid for delivery due to so many items.
  • I waited 2 weeks for my many items.
  • I received a phone call the day before my scheduled delivery date, letting me know that my mattress & boxspring "didn't make it on the truck".
  • Ohhhhhh.....and I couldn't have the mattresses until the following Thrursday.
If your anything like me, the idea of sleeping on my new couch or loveseat
for a week didn't sit well.

I called customer service and asked "is there anything that can be done since this leaves me with no bed for a week?" The customer service rep very casually told me to suck it.
Long story short......In the end, nothing was done.

Maybe my standards of customer service are set to high.
Maybe I need to start saying "suck it" when someone calls me!
This is what is wrong with people today.
This is the mentality of folks we meet.
This is wrong.

I was taught to have pride in what I do.
I was taught that how I treat someone is a direct reflection on myself.
This is because I was taught to care.

No wonder our local mom & pop businesses go belly up
and everyone shops online now.
I miss them.
They used to say thank you when I handed them my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment