I am one of Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict

Be more aware of life

Be more aware of life

Sunday, June 20, 2010

waterslides & babies

The idea of a baby coming out of a woman's body frankly gives me the willies.

A great friend had her baby the other day.
The baby, now known as Emily, kinda popped out, quick like. In an hour. It was like a waterslide. She said it was so painful that she wanted to beat her husband with a crowbar.

Then the joy of getting up every two hours to feed this new addition comes about.
Then the word NO becomes terribly popular.
Being able to run at full tilt now becomes an issue.
Then Houdini like magic begins to happen around the house as things begin to disappear. Your favorite ring, the remote, etc.
Then your little bundle of joy becomes a master artist. Most likely your living room wall or kitchen floor is the canvas.
Which school; what after-school camp or activity will they do; PTA?; volunteer for school activities.
Puberty.
Saving for college.
Car insurance, drivers license...taking your car.

Ya know...there was a time when the idea of having a kid was exciting. Now...not so much. Don't get me wrong, I would embrace it if I became pregnant. But I can't say that I would strive for it.

Living vicariously through your friends is an under-rated idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment