I am one of Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict

Be more aware of life

Be more aware of life

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Skydving...sane or a husband killer?




I asked my husband near christmas which one he'd like more....


skydiving or a PS3.
The look was something I could only call histerical...and painful.
He chose skydiving.
Me? Nooooooo...I fall enough as it is.

He waited till it warmed up, then made his appointment for today.
It had been raining and thunderstorming on and off for 2 weeks, I prayed for a decent day.
It was georgeous, HOT, but gorgeous.

Anthony looked calm and collected, as usual. I was nervous. My husband believes Murphy's Law was written for me, so I tend to be in a constant state of unease.

List of stuff to do:
Water...check
Munchies...check
Gift certificate...check
Make sure insurance policy is up to date on Anthony...check

We arrived and everything went smoothly.
I got comfortable on the ground as he walked to the plane, suited up and ready to go.

I was anxious as hell. I searched and searched, and when he showed up as a itty bitty spot in the sky I was relieved. The landing went well, they breezed on in (tandem jump), and touched the ground softly.

As he was walking towards me, his grin was huge. It didn't leave his face. He was thrilled!
When we watched the video, he was smiling so big that I knew that he was finally impressed by something!

A place for my adrenaline junky of a husband to finally release.
His next gift will be the 6 hour course and his first, on his own, AFF (accelerated free fall)....sweet jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment